Sunday, February 18, 2007

You’ve never had it so crap.....


Tony Blair has failed to make Britain less selfish in almost a decade in power, according to a massive 90% of voters.The huge majority in a poll for the Sunday Telegraph includes 43% who think things are worse and 47% no better than under the last Tory administration. Apart from illegal immigrants, higher taxes, higher crime levels, and a growth in the number of sex offenders employed in schools what exactly has the voter gained from New Labour?
The Labour Party will shake off its mid-term blues, Education Secretary Alan Johnson has predicted, saying that the party has the chance to win an historic fourth term in government.I dare say he is right. After all, Labour has skillfully used its time in office to create an enormous client state on whose votes it can now depend. By creating hundreds of thousands of new public sector jobs that are completely unnecessary and promoting welfare as a lifestyle choice for millions of adults who ought to be at work, it now has a built in power base of what can only be described as parasites on the productive economy, i.e. the real world the rest of us live in, where the wealth to pay for it all has to be generated…. What Britain needs is a government worthy of the name.
(Things could probably get better if Ms Smack were in charge. She’d apply a firm hand to the nation’s problems. For those who know not, Ms S commands a blog that is well worth perusing and savouring, is a regular contributor to Mr Newmania's gargantuan output and is most erudite on the pleasure points of sexual politics....)

14 comments:

Ellee said...

It's hardly surprising then that our children are regarded as having the lowest well being in developed countries, what hope does this give us for our future society?

The Hitch said...

"Tony Blair has failed to make Britain less selfish in almost a decade in power,"
Having failed to change humna nature Prime minister cnut thinks he can change the climate.

Newmania said...

Well well IT I see you are onto the Smack thing ..of dear oh dear fallen from your lofty perch a tad.Having read Peter Hitchens today droning on about Cameron`s drug taking shame ., I agree with you, a bore and a pain evenif he is consistent

I have been worrying for ages about this problem of the client state and the client region .It is pivotal in Scotland but also in the North if not the North East who also suffer badly.I think tbis is why some of us thought we were going to need an economic collapse to turn things around.

There is a lot more to be said on this I wonder if you remeber Hatfield Girl`s thesis on regional differential growth.

In the 20s 30s 40s and so on . basically political parties bought the votes of the Working class by taking money from the middle classes. Now they are taking money from one region and giving to another and as a result national democracy ceases to function

PS I will be quiet this week. I am busy and I need all my energy for work and recovery

CityUnslicker said...

To add to N's valid point there is an article in the Telegraph today that shows how the SE, London and East susbsidise the rest of the country.

Of course though, Labour want all this to come to pass, for the obvious reasons that welfare benefiters vote labour.

Blair wanted this to happen, as usual anything he says is a lie.

Judge the man by his actions not his words.

Ms Smack said...

I have to say, I was only living in the UK for a few months before I became a mother but I would never raise my children there. I found it to be very unsupportive, without vital infrastructure and depressing.

I love living in Australia - convict history and all.

I'm sorry I'm not up to speed with your UK Politics, but I hope to be educated somewhat by reading your blog, and that of your cyber-colleagues.

x

Anonymous said...

Sorry I cant'read your headline thet picture makes me fall asleep.

Newmania said...

isn`t Miss Smack sweet.Poor old IT his temple of learning has gone down market. I shall tell His Grace I think/ he`ll be drummed out of the erudite club

Ellee said...

I've just been catching up on MsSmack and Newmania, it's most illuminating. She's moving in the right circles if she wants filling in about UK politics.

istanbultory said...

I like a dash of sin with my erudition. It will be an indescribable pleasure to bring ms S up to speed on the foul machinations of NuLabour. I must take exception to Smack's comments on male UK political bloggers. In her latest post, she suspects we are a little on the dull, dare I say, flaccid side....nothing could be further from the truth. Not a word to His Grace, N!

mutleythedog said...


I'm sorry I'm not up to speed with your UK Politics, but I hope to be educated somewhat by reading your blog, and that of your cyber-colleagues.
Don't listen to them Ms Smack - remain unsullied by the fatal call of power - do you want to end up like Mandy Rice Davies??? They are all silly and bald or covered in dandruff.

istanbultory said...

Ms smack is safe in my hands.

Ms Smack said...

:)

Anonymous said...

Labour won't win the next election...nor will the Tories

maxnewser said...

The reason mnbgqhj why the Oakley Frogskins can block the UV ray is that the lenses are coated with a layer of special film. Such Oakley Frogskin can block and absorb the UV ray as well as some visible light Cheap Oakley Sunglasses at the same time, which will reduce the transmittance of the lens. Therefore, the superior-quality Oakley Jawbone have strong resistance to the UV ray. Moreover, the coating on the lens is relatively hard and not easy to be abraded. As for how to determine whether a pair of cheap wholesale Oakley Jawbones is with UV protection function.